The mentor program facilitates purposeful connections between experienced professionals and solution-seeking attendees. RSVP now to meet with a mentor at SXSW EDU, March 5-8, 2018.
Mentor sessions are one-on-one meetings with individuals ready to share their insights with the community. Seventy-two mentors are scheduled for SXSW EDU 2018 ranging everywhere from industry insiders and CEOs to classroom educators.
How to RSVP for a Mentor Session
In order to sign up to meet with a mentor, you must be registered to attend SXSW EDU.
2. Link your badge – Before you can RSVP you need to link your EDU Social account to your 2018 badge. To do this, find your SXSW EDU confirmation email and copy your EDU Social Link Code. Then open the online schedule and select “Link A Badge” from the righthand dropdown menu. Past your code and confirm the link.
3. Select a mentor – Browse the mentor lineup in the online schedule or the mobile app to located the mentor that you are most interested in meeting with. The mentor listing will reveal a handful of bullet points suggesting topical areas that mentor is prepared to talk about. You can also read the mentors full bio.
4. RSVP for a timeslot – Below the mentor description you’ll see a list of available timeslots. Each mentor will have time to meet with five people so space is limited. Select the time that works best for you. Keep in mind that each time you reserve is a time other attendees can not. Please only signup for a timeslot that you are able and plan to attend.
Advice and Frequently Asked Questions
- You will receive an email confirmation for each mentor meeting you RSVP for. We recommend also adding your scheduled time to your personal calendar.
- If you need to cancel your mentor meeting, you can do so on the same page that you made your reservation. Simple select “Cancel your reservation.” As a courtesy to SXSW EDU attendees, please cancel as soon as possible when a conflict arises that might prevent you from making the mentor meeting.
- If the mentor you want to speak with is fully booked, you can swing by during their mentor session and wait in line. Last minute cancelation and no-shows sometimes happen so we’ll do our best to fit you in. We recommend arriving early if this is your strategy.
SXSW EDU 2017 mentor meeting photo by Randy & Jackie Smith.