Accredited Press – Photo and Video Policy for SXSW Online 2021
We are excited for you to share your SXSW Online and/or SXSW EDU Online (the “Event(s)”) experiences in your news coverage, but it’s imperative that all accredited media also respect the rights of the creators that participate in SXSW. This Accredited Press Photo & Video Policy covers what type of photo and video capturing is and isn’t allowed during the Event. When we refer to “content” that includes, without limitation, videos, clips, photographs, audio recordings, text, graphics, logos, icons, images and software made available to the attendee during the Events.
- Photography: In order to protect SXSW and the rights of artists and speakers, including but not limited to copyrights and rights of publicity, screenshots, excluding film screenings, is permissible for news coverage, reviews and interviews.
- Videography: Clips from selected Keynotes, Featured Speakers Music Festival performances, and Film Festival Q&As will be available via a press room.
- Video and/or audio recording any Event content is prohibited.
- Livestreaming any Event content is prohibited.
- Displaying Event content in group settings (i.e., with multiple viewers who are not also passholders) without SXSW’s advanced approval, which may require an additional license.
Copying, republishing, downloading, transmitting, modifying, renting, leasing, loaning, selling, assigning, distributing, recording, licensing, sublicensing, reverse engineering, or creating any derivative works based on any Event content.