Early-stage education startups are encouraged to complete the online application process to be considered as a finalists for the 2019 Launch competition.
Monday, June 25:
Friday, November 9:
A company’s product or service must:
- Have launched no earlier than January 1, 2017.
- Have not launched after June 4, 2019.
- Be incorporated with a management team, and public-facing website.
- Be able to convey a sustainable business model.
- Be able to demonstrate user traction, engagement, and adoption metrics.
- Not have raised over $5 million in funds from combined funding sources at time of application.
The evaluation of each company’s application, conducted by the SXSW EDU Launch Advisory Board committee as well as the SXSW EDU staff, is based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: Originality of the idea.
- Potential: Longevity, actualization and profitability of the idea.
- Functionality: Usability of interface for the idea.
- Team/People: Who is your team and how will they make your company a success.
- Impact: What potential does this product/service have to improve educational outcomes?
STEP 1 Research
Before beginning the application, determine if your startup is the right fit for the competition by reviewing the eligibility requirements, FAQ, and the list of past finalists.
STEP 2 Online Application
Begin your application by clicking “start application” below. Please note there is a $200 application fee associated with the SXSW EDU Launch application. Once you begin your application you can save your work and come back at a later time to finish and submit by the deadline.
To submit your application you must create a free universal SXSW account. You may do this at the beginning of your application or it will prompt you once you are saving your information or submitting your application.
STEP 3 Review
Review your application and save any pertinent information one last time before you hit submit! After submitting your application you will not be able to edit or review the information.
STEP 4 Submit
Once you have completed the application and agreed to all of the terms and conditions, you are ready to submit!