The eighth annual Launch competition will take place at SXSW EDU 2019. This exciting event provides a platform for entrepreneurs seeking feedback, investment, strategic partnerships, and exposure, to present their early-stage company before a panel of industry experts, early adopters, investors, and educators as well as the live SXSW EDU audience.
Eight startup finalists have been selected to compete in the fast-paced, live event.
Entry Process Overview
A company’s product or service must:
- Have launched no earlier than January 1, 2016.
- Have not launched after June 4, 2019.
- Be incorporated with a management team, and public-facing website.
- Be able to convey a sustainable business model.
- Be able to demonstrate user traction, engagement, and adoption metrics.
- Not have raised over $5 million in funds from combined funding sources at time of application.
The evaluation of each company’s application, conducted by the SXSW EDU Launch Advisory Board committee as well as the SXSW EDU staff, is based on the following criteria:
- Creativity: Originality of the idea.
- Potential: Longevity, actualization and profitability of the idea.
- Functionality: Usability of interface for the idea.
- Team/People: Who is your team and how will they make your company a success.
- Impact: What potential does this product/service have to improve educational outcomes?
STEP 1 Research
STEP 2 Online Application
Begin your application by clicking “start application” below. Please note there is a $200 application fee associated with the SXSW EDU Launch application. Once you begin your application you can save your work and come back at a later time to finish and submit by the deadline.
To submit your application you must create a free universal SXSW account. You may do this at the beginning of your application or it will prompt you once you are saving your information or submitting your application.
STEP 3 Review
Review your application and save any pertinent information one last time before you hit submit! After submitting your application you will not be able to edit or review the information.
STEP 4 Submit
Once you have completed the application and agreed to all of the terms and conditions, you are ready to submit!