The SXSW EDU Film program highlights poignant narratives and documentaries focusing on all aspects of education. With films tackling social impacts on domestic and international learning, peering into classrooms, and exploring the journey to becoming an educator, the film program presents an entertaining and compelling addition to SXSW EDU. Many screenings conclude with a Q&A featuring the filmmakers, film subjects or experts on the topic at hand, providing attendees an opportunity to connect with the film on a personal level.
For frequently asked questions and answers, check out the Film FAQ.
How to Apply
Monday, July 1 – Submission Form Opens
Tuesday, December 3 – Submission Form Closes
Complete an Application
- Before beginning the application, explore the film history page to get a sense of the films we have accepted and screened in the past.
- Submit an application online with needed information through this link. There is no fee associated with the film application.
- Please note there will be a section for speakers listed. This section is to note potential speakers to lead the optional 15-minute Q&A immediately following the screening of your film.
- Review your application and save any pertinent information one last time before you hit submit! After submitting your application you will not be able to edit the information.
- SXSW EDU accepts films on a rolling basis. We will notify all applicants of their status by late December 2019. If you have any questions in the meantime regarding your status or the application process feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that SXSW EDU Film is a programming component of SXSW EDU. It is distinct from and should not be confused with the SXSW Film Festival.