With the SXSW EDU GO mobile app, you can browse our continuously updated programming lineup and build your SXSW EDU Schedule directly on your mobile device. Plus, get schedule recommendations, helpful event navigation information, and discover new ways to make the event your own.
Check out mobile app Features and Pro Tips including linking your badge, checking event capacity statuses, and more.
Download for iOS and Android to get started. Sign in with your SXSW ID to unlock the following features.
SXSW EDU GO Features
- Event Status — We've made it easy for you to check the current status of a room or a venue's remaining capacity for sessions and festival events. A Green-Yellow-Red system appears on the app, the online SXSW EDU Schedule, and on the digital Event Status Boards located around the ACC and other venues.
Green = GO
Yellow = HURRY
Red = FULL
- Networking — Search the directory for other SXSW EDU attendees and send direct messages. Boost your networking with personalized recommendations from SXSW EDU Recommends.
- Schedule — Browse the entire SXSW EDU schedule and plan your week. Star events as My Favorites and easily sync your favorites between devices. Toggle easily between the full schedule and My Schedule of your saved favorites.
- SXSW EDU Recommends — The SXSW EDU Recommends algorithm has been optimized for SXSW EDU with machine learning! Get personalized recommendations and opt-in to notifications for real-time recommendations. See your Schedule Recommendations highlighted in the Schedule View. Attendee Recommendations can be accessed in the Connect with Attendees section.
Mobile App Pro Tips
To start, make sure that you have logged into the SXSW EDU GO app. If you haven't created an account yet, you can do so by going to social.sxswedu.com. This will allow you to build your SXSW EDU Schedule and sync your Favorites between different devices.
Link Your Badge
To get the most out of the SXSW EDU GO app, link your SXSW EDU Badge.
Link your SXSW EDU Account by going to "My Profile" in the SXSW EDU GO App or on social.sxswedu.com. A SXSW Link Code can also be found in your registration confirmation email.
Once this is done you'll be able to:
- Connect with attendees
- Receive personalized recommendations
- Get onsite schedule updates
- Adjust your profile visibility to align with your goals
- Upload a photo for your badge
- Verify privacy settings
If you have any issues linking, feel free to reach out for help by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Set Location to "Always"
Have you set your location settings? You'll need to opt-in to receive curated recommendations of events happening around you during the event.
Follow these directions to opt-in:
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services (Make sure that Location Services is on)
- Scroll down to find the app
- Tap the app and select the "Always" option
"Always" will allow access to your location even when the app is in the background to get the most out of your SXSW EDU adventure. Now you're all set!
Enable Location Alerts
Opt-in to receive push messages to stay up-to-date on the latest SXSW EDU happenings including event additions or changes. You can do this in the app by simply going to the side menu > Profile, and click on the gear at the top right-hand corner. On that page, under "NOTIFICATIONS AND ALERTS," you can toggle on "Enable Location Alerts."
Finalize Your Profile
If you haven't finished setting up your profile, we recommend you take a minute to do so now by following these steps:
- Upload a profile photo
- Update your bio
All this will help you get the most out of your networking capabilities and your own SXSW EDU Experience.
Favorite and Message Attendees
Don't forget to network. You can use the SXSW EDU GO app to search the directory for other SXSW EDU attendees in the Attendee Directory section with similar interests/goals and send direct messages. You'll be able to boost your networking this SXSW EDU season even further by receiving personalized recommendations from SXSW EDU Recommends on the best people to connect with.
Opt-in for Attendee Lists to see who's around you. You can verify if you've opted into the Attendee List by going to the SXSW EDU GO App > Settings > Attendee List and Messaging to make sure the networking options are turned on.
Once you've discovered attendees to connect with, reach out by sending a direct message. Many attendees meet their next creative collaborator, mentor, business partner, investor, and more at SXSW EDU.
RSVP for Mentor Sessions
Our Mentor Sessions offer one-on-one coaching by professionals from all areas. Within the 90 minute duration of Mentor Sessions, there will be five one-on-one meetings lasting 15 minutes each. Mentor Sessions require advance sign-up and access is limited listed on the Mentor's schedule information.
RSVP will open in February 2024.