Visit panelpicker.sxsw.com and sign in with your universal SXSW account or create one for free with your email address and a password.
Begin your proposal by selecting “+ EDU Proposal” to be considered for SXSW EDU 2018.
The application form is divided into six steps and PanelPicker allows you to save and continue as you go.
Click on question mark icons next to important fields for helpful tips and guidelines. For any additional questions, please reference the FAQ.
Step 1: Organizer
Appoint a primary contact, known as the organizer, for your session to facilitate correspondence throughout the PanelPicker process and beyond, if accepted. The session organizer can also be a proposed speaker, but is not assumed to be participating as a speaker unless indicated.
Step 2: Title & Characteristics
The information required in this step will serve as the framework for your session idea. Your selections will help the community understand and differentiate your proposal among many others.
- The more direct and explanatory your title, the better (max. 50 characters including spaces).
- Choose the format that best represents your session structure and presentation style. Reference the corresponding audience seating icons and descriptions to determine which format best suits your intended engagement.
- Select a track that generally aligns with your idea so that attendees looking for similar content can find your session.
- Further clarify the focus of your session with tags.
- Clearly identify your intended audience and background knowledge required to help attendees understand who will bene t most from your session.
Step 3: Description & Learning Objectives
Describe your session (max. 500 characters including spaces) and learning objectives (max. 150 characters each including spaces). Accurately highlight
the main focus of your presentation in a compelling manner and provide three specific learning objectives for your session that highlight audience takeaways.
- Depth is more important than breadth.
- The audience at SXSW EDU is well-versed in the current education landscape. Your session description does not need to reference broad statements about the state of education.
- Please do not include speaker names or organizations in the session description.
- Use paragraph form for your description (no bullets).
- Be sure to spell out the first mention of any acronyms you include.
- Advertorial or brand-centered descriptions are not allowed. If you would like to promote your brand at SXSW EDU, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.