We are so excited to share that Keynote and Featured Sessions, Partner Sessions, and Live Studio Interviews from SXSW EDU 2023 are now available on the SXSW EDU YouTube channel!
The discussions held at this year’s event inspired us as we go forward and address some of the most timely topics in education today. From school safety to the power of AI and beyond, we hope you can continue to look back on and learn from this year’s Keynote, Featured, and Partner sessions.
Visit our YouTube channel to explore more videos!
Kicking off each day of programming during SXSW EDU were inspiring Keynote sessions featuring thought-leaders throughout the education space. Hear from these speakers as they discuss inclusion in education, particularly among refugee students, design-based learning, shifts in higher education, and school safety.
- DESIGN-BASED LEARNING UNWRAPPED: Build Our Future
- Ruth Simmons on Higher Education & American Democracy
- Safer Schools: Students, Educators, & Mental Health One Year After Uvalde
- Teaching America: How We Fail Our Newcomers, Why It Matters, & How We Can Do Better
Focusing on leading trends and topics across the education space and beyond, SXSW EDU 2023’s Featured Sessions provided many takeaways. This year’s Featured Sessions tackled topics including the importance of early childhood education; the connections between poetry and art, and their power to impact readers; the impact of AI on education; and more.
- Athletes Advancing Education
- Building Sustainable Early Childhood Education
- Drag Story Hour: Fight for Queer Herstories
- Educating Away Hate
- Empowering College Hopefuls Through YouTube
- Finding Identity Through Poetry, Art, & Nature
- Fostering the Next Generation of Storytellers
- How New Attention to R&D Will Transform Learning
- NAEP Results Are Dismal—So Where Do We Go from Here?
- Raise the Bar to Elevate & Diversify the Teaching Profession
- Ratchetdemic Street Scholars: A New Direction to Healing in Education
- Real Talk with Two National Teachers of the Year
- Supporting HBCUs for Equity in Education & Beyond
- Teaching & Learning in the Age of AI: What's Next?
View the 2023 Keynotes & Featured Sessions Playlist
Partner Programming Sessions
At SXSW EDU 2023, attendees had the opportunity to discover timely, new ideas from top thought leaders driving meaningful impact in education through Partner Programming. Explore the inspiring work our partners are doing in education:
- Always On: Learning in the Age of AI & Technology
- Beyond Transfer: Learner-Centered Credit Mobility
- Building Education Entrepreneurship Ecosystems
- Changemakers: Connecting Youth to Careers That Make a Difference
- Creative Solutions to the Rural Health Care Crisis
- Credentials of Value in Higher Education
- Engaging Employers in HS Work-Based Learning
- Expanding Pathways in Postsecondary Education
- Global Pathways to Higher Education through Industry-Recognized Micro-Credentials
- Insights from the Out-of-System Space
- Maximizing Federal Policy Support for Learners
- Moving "Good Jobs" from Theory to Practice
- Shifting Power and Possibility in Philanthropy
- Supporting Black, Latinx, and Indigenous Learners
- Verifying Qualified Candidates: Proof of Skills
- Youth Activism in the Age of Digital Disruption
View 2023 Partner Programming Playlist
SXSW EDU 2023 Live Studio
Learn more about the people and ideas shaping the future of education with SXSW EDU Studio Interviews hosted by Kari Byron!
- Adam Harris
- Anne Helen Peterson
- Chris Emdin
- Dan Rather, Martin Rather, and Kevin Foster
- Denise Forte
- Frank Gehry and Doreen Gehry Nelson
- Hadiya Masieh and Maeve Park
- Hank Green
- Jenny Buccos and Kamal Ahmed
- John Bailey, Terah Lyons, and Cameron Wilson
- Joy Harjo and Michaela Goade
- Kristi Yamaguchi
- Luma Mufleh
- Martha Mooke
- Michelle Kang
- Miguel Cardona
- Randi Weingarten
- Rodney Robinson & Kurt Russell with Sarah Brown Wessling
View 2023 Live Studio Playlist
Limited Presale: Register for SXSW EDU 2024 Through March 31
Take advantage of this special limited presale offer and purchase a badge to attend SXSW EDU 2024 at this year’s lowest registration rate! Plus you will get early access to hotels this summer.
Photo by Chris Saucedo