Nonprofit Leaders at SXSW EDU 2024
Creating positive change and opportunities for learners is just another day in the life of a nonprofit leader. Your dedication, vision, and leadership play a crucial role in impacting multiple aspects of education.
To tackle your goals of achieving advancement in educational equity, advocating for policy reform, and amplifying underrepresented voices – to name a few – you are likely faced with several challenges including lack of funding, resources, and more.
At SXSW EDU, you will be able to network not only with your peers but people who can help make a difference in your organization. Find your community, amplify your voice, and work together to take on your challenges to help advance your mission.
Top Sessions to Attend for Nonprofit Leaders
If you are launching a new initiative, grappling with a project reset, or pursuing a complex problem and need new tools and methods to execute change, join your peers at the Workshop A Results Framework to Tackle Tough Problems in Education and learn how to deliver results.
Explore how forward-thinking philanthropies from corporate to family endowments are reimagining the fundamentals of giving in the Panel How Disruptive Philanthropy Is Reshaping the World of Giving.
Join the Conversation Real Talk: Are K-12 Nonprofits & EdTech Driving Inequity? to learn about the ways the K-12 support sector is contributing to inequity for learners and explore ways to change how we work, scale, and measure our impact to change that.
Watch as a panel of experts weigh in on transformative ideas for contestants representing new companies, nonprofits, and big dreamers for improving the college experience in the Panel Shark Tank: Edu Edition.
Connect With Your Peers at Interactive Meet Ups
Join Asian American educators, administrators, and others in K-12, nonprofit, for-profit, and higher education settings to discuss ways to elevate the visibility of Asian American educators and to promote interest convergence with our Brown and Black allies and colleagues in education in the Asian American Educators/Mentors Meet Up.
Participate in honest discussions about how funders across the ecosystem are ‘practicing proximity’ in their philanthropy and where they are getting stuck in the Meet Up Practicing Proximity as Funders: Reimagining Our Role.
Mentors to Meet for Nonprofit Leaders
Sit down in a one-on-one setting with mentors who can provide insights and advice in your specific interest area within the nonprofit sector:
- Alex Quain - talk to Alex about starting nonprofits and other social ventures, and more.
- Choquette Hamilton - talk to Choquette about finding support for new non-profit founders focused on equity and justice and more.
- Greg Weatherford II - talk to Greg about starting a for-profit or nonprofit organization and more.
- John Wie - talk to John about ideas around community initiatives and planning based on experience in leadership and more.
- Kimberly Robinson - talk to Kimberly about cross-sector and cross-system leadership and more.
- LaVonia Montouté - talk to LaVonia about program management, philanthropy, and more.
- Lillian Rountree - talk to Lillian about the relationship between work ethic and career advancement in the nonprofit sector and how to foster both.
Roundtable Discussions to Join for Nonprofit Leaders
Meet with your peers and a mentor in a group discussion setting with a focus on trending issues in the nonprofit sector:
- Effectively Scaling Whole-Child Support Services
- Leading DEI Efforts
- Managing Teams for the Future of Work
- Supporting Early Career Teachers
- Supporting Multilingual Learning & Learners
Discover Other Innovative Organizations
Browse through the SXSW EDU Expo to discover what’s next and new in education and meet with trailblazing nonprofits looking to share their ideas.
Want to Explore More Content for Nonprofit Leaders?
Explore More Programming Opportunities:
- 30 Years & Beyond: AmeriCorps’ Impact on Education
- Exploring the Impacts of Extremism on Public Education
- Learning from Women of Color to Get Childcare Right
- Let's End Turnover & Make Teaching the Job Everyone Wants
- Music Therapy in the Chi: Recording Arts Infused with SEL
- Partnering to C.R.E.A.T.E. a Pipeline of Local STEM Talent
Browse These Tags:
Browse These Tracks:
Join Your Community of Nonprofit Leaders:
Leaders and representatives from nonprofit organizations will be speaking and have already registered to attend SXSW EDU 2024. After registering, you will gain exclusive access to EDU Social, our online networking platform, where you can browse through your peers at this year’s event and start making connections before you arrive.
How to Save on Attending SXSW EDU 2024:
- Get approval from your boss – use the “make your case” email template to convince your boss to provide funding and approval for your attendance at SXSW EDU 2024.
- Register early – save on the walk-up rate when you register to attend early.
- Attend with a team – take advantage of discounted rates when registering with a team of 10 or more.
Don’t Miss Out On SXSW EDU 2024
Register and book your hotel today to break new ground in education through compelling sessions, in-depth workshops, mentorship, film screenings, trailblazing competitions, a dynamic expo, networking opportunities, and so much more at SXSW EDU from March 4-7, 2024.
Photo by Tico Mendoza