Launch showcases emerging innovations and breakthrough technologies making an impact on the future of teaching and learning. The competition provides a platform for early-stage startups seeking feedback, investment, strategic partnerships, and exposure.
Selected finalists will present their product or service in the fast-paced, live pitch event before a panel of industry experts, early adopters, investors, and educators, as well as SXSW EDU attendees, March 9-12, 2020.
Additionally, finalists and attendees will have ample opportunities to connect through spotlights, socials, and other events during SXSW EDU.
Monday, July 1 – Application Opens
Friday, November 1 – Application Closes
- The SXSW EDU Launch competition is open to early-stage startup companies in the education market.
- Companies must be incorporated with a management team and public-facing website, able to convey a sustainable business model and able to demonstrate user traction, engagement, and adoption metrics.
- Companies who have raised over $5 million in funds from combined funding sources at the time of application are ineligible.
- Each applicant is only eligible to present in one of the SXSW family of startup events (SXSW Pitch, SXSW Release It, or SXSW EDU Launch). In contrast, if you have applied for one of these events and were not accepted to participate, then please feel free to apply to SXSW EDU Launch.
Complete an Application
- Sign in or create an account in the SXSW cart, then select “SXSW EDU Launch Competition” to begin the application process.
- Once you begin the application, you can save and continue your work as you go.
- Take some time to review your application, no changes can be made once it has been submitted.
- Please note that there is a $200 fee associated with the application, but you will not be asked to commit to purchasing until you have completed the application and are ready to submit.