Good morning! It’s day 3 of SXSW EDU and multitudes of learning experiences await. What’s on your schedule for today? Check out a few highlights we’ve called out below.
At 9:30am in Ballroom D of the Austin Convention Center, this morning’s keynote conversation, Reconstruction: America After the Civil War is set to take place with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. and Paula Kerger. You won’t want to miss it, however if you happen to be running late, tune in to the live stream.
A Few Highlights for Today:
- Join the Paramount Story Wranglers for their performance From Page to Stage: Bringing Students’ Stories to Life, as they take some of their favorite student stories from page to stage with a hands-on workshop to follow starting at 11:00am.
- In the 11:00am featured session, Young People Win: Rethinking Advocacy in a New Era join David Hogg, co-founder of March For Our Lives, in conversation with Dan Rather as they discuss what our country and politics can look like when we let young people lead.
- Be sure to stop by the bookstore in the Austin Convention Center Level 3 Atrium where speakers who have authored books will be participating in Book Signings throughout the day.
- Attend one of the film screenings today: Moving Stories in the Austin Convention Center Room 15 starting at 4:00pm and later tonight, Eighth Grade and Pahokee at Alamo Ritz.
- Don’t miss the stellar Student Startup Competition! Be a part of the live audience as finalists pitch their business ideas to a panel of industry experts and judges starting at 4:00pm in the Austin Convention Center Room 16AB. Following, the winner will be announced at the Student Startup Ice Cream Social.
- Have you discovered the Wellness Studio yet? Join Breathe For Change for a fun, interactive wellness class including mindfulness, light yoga, and community building at 4:30pm in the Expo.
- Check out the panel session How Data Scientists Are Changing Sports at 5:00pm in Austin Convention Center Room 17B.
Photos courtesy of the speakers Paula Kerger, Henry Louis Gates, Jr., and David Hogg. Film stills courtesy of Pahokee and Eighth Grade. Performance photo courtesy of Paramount Story Wranglers.