SXSW EDU day 2 is kicking off and we’re excited to continue to build on the energy from yesterday! We hope you’re getting settled in nicely — we’re eager to share even more with you today.
First things first, if you are planning on picking up your badge, visit Ballroom B of the Austin Convention Center (at the corner of Cesar Chavez Street and Red River Street) anytime between 8:00am – 6:00pm today.
Jump start this morning by attending the powerful keynote, Turning Challenges into Opportunities: The Ashesi Way. Don’t be late, things will get rolling at 9:30am in Ballroom D. However if you are running late you can tune in to the live stream.
A Few Highlights for Today:
- Want to kick-off your morning with a free fitness workout guaranteed to get your heart rate up? Join BOKS and Reebok at 7:30am for Bootcamp in the Austin Convention Center Exhibit Hall 5.
- Pulitzer Prize winner and New York Times best-selling author Ron Suskind will be speaking at the 11:00am featured session, Affinity as Identity, for a Real Social Media. Following, don’t miss the signing for Ron Suskind’s book, Life, Animated: A Story of Sidekicks, Heroes, and Autism in the Atrium at 12:30pm.
- Mentors will be available throughout the day to share their insight. Check the schedule for availabilities and to RSVP for a mentor meeting.
- Check out the performance Flow Hard With High School For Recording Arts! in the Austin Convention Center at 11:00am followed by a screening of the HSRA student made film short and workshop.
- At 2:00pm in the Policy Forum hear from Ministers of Education and Genius Plaza CEO, Ana Roca Castro in the session, The Importance of Preserving Languages.
- Be a part of the live audience for two exciting pitch competitions, Launch and Learn By Design, taking place today in the Austin Convention Center. Then, winners will be revealed with a celebration at the Competition Awards Party this evening at 7:30pm.
- Explore the list of impactful Film Screenings taking place throughout the day in the Austin Convention Center, and tonight at Alamo Ritz.
Photos courtesy of the speakers Ron Suskind, Anthony Anwukah, Patrick Awuah, the High School of Recording Arts, Maureen Nicol, and Ana Roca Castro.