PanelPicker entry is open! Enter your session idea for consideration to SXSW EDU 2020. The deadline to propose your session idea via PanelPicker® has been extended through Sunday, July 21 at 11:59pm PT.
PanelPicker is a digital, crowd-sourced platform that enables the community to propose session ideas for the SXSW EDU program. To enter an idea simply create and submit a session proposal during the submission window. Then PanelPicker will re-open for community voting, allowing the public to vote on, and provide feedback for all of the ideas entered.
The final decision on which PanelPicker ideas are selected is derived from SXSW EDU Advisory Board evaluations (40%), public voting (30%), and staff review (30%).
The tracks for SXSW EDU 2020 cover a wide range of overaching focus areas for SXSW EDU 2020.
- Accessibility & Inclusion
- Adult Learning
- Business & Investment
- Early Learning
- Emerging Tech & Development
- Global Education
- Higher Education
- Informal Learning
- K-12 Education
- Policy & Civic Engagement
- Science of Learning
- SEL & Wellness
- Student Agency
The PanelPicker entry application features a number of different formats, each of which supports a specific presentation style. The session format will dictate everything from the flow of the session to the number of speakers allotted to the level of audience participation, and even the way that the room is set up.
- Case Study: 1-3 Speakers, 60 Min
- Future20: 1 Speaker, 20 Min
- Panel: 2-4 Speakers, 60 Min
- Performance: 1-3 Speakers, 1.5 Hours
- Podcast: 2-4 Speakers, 60 Min
- Talk: 2-3 Speakers, 30 Min
- Hands On: 1-2 Speakers, 30 Min
- Meet Up: 1-2 Speakers, 60 Min
- Workshop: 1-3 Speakers, 1.5 Hours
- Campfire: 1-2 Speakers, 60 Min
Shawn Francis at SXSW EDU 2019, Using Technology to Drive Pre-AP Success session. Photo by Sofie Milton.