The SXSW EDU schedule currently hosts over 50 sessions within the Higher Education track. The track features robust higher education conversations, covering many of the pressing topics within the space. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear from leadership, faculty, and students.
Join the higher education conversation by attending programming at SXSW EDU 2020 including:
- In the featured session Design College Experiences Students Will Choose, join Michael B. Horn and Bob Moesta in exploring the five motivations for why students “hire” college in the first place. They’ll lead a live interview with one of you and unpack research from their book Choosing College.
- Paul LeBlanc, President of Southern New Hampshire University and Dan Rosensweig, CEO of Chegg will speak on the featured session, The Future of Higher Education and discuss how academia can empower their students, strengthening the future.
- Author Paul Tough in conversation with The Hechinger Report‘s editor-in-chief, Liz Willen, will ask the question, ‘does college still work?’ in the featured session The Inequality Machine.
- What’s Next for the Presidents’ Forum features three university presidents, Scott Pulsipher (Western Governors University), Dick Senese (Capella University), and James Baldwin (Excelsior University) discussing their next projects, moderated by Alana Dunagan of the Christensen Institute.
- In the Future20 By Students, for Students: Design for Mental Health, Hannah Park, Associate Director and Assistant Professor at the University of Kansas will share the process and outcomes of design ideas by college students to promote mental wellness for their peers and even themselves.
- Join Dean of the College of Fine Arts at The University of Texas at Austin Doug Dempster, Academic Outreach Program Manager at Walt Disney Imagineering MK Haley, Vice President of Design at IBM Doug Powell, and VP of Design Technology at AT&T Andrea Sutton, for Creativity is the New Black and learn how arts and design colleges can create responsive curriculum.
- Former SXSW EDU Keynote speaker and President of Paul Quinn College, Michael J. Sorrell will speak on the panel, Free College: The Reality & the Promise with Chief Executive Officer of College Track, Elissa Salas, Co-Founder & COO of Advanced Education Research & Development Programs, Nancy Lue, and Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer of Rise, Inc., Maxwell Lubin.
- In the Policy Forum session, Student Veterans: Serving to Learn join speakers Tanya Ang, Vice President of Veterans Education Success, Lisa Firmin Associate Vice President And UTSA Military Liaison at The University of Texas at San Antonio, Jeremiah Gunderson Director of Student Veteran Services at The University of Texas at Austin, and Terrell Odom Associate Director For Programs And Services For Military-Affiliated Communities at the University of Chicago.
Mentorship is a great way to network and gain professional development during SXSW EDU, and within the Higher Education track you can connect one-on-one with Alexandra Ellison, Frederick V. Engram Jr., and Jen Tutak.
Continue the higher education conversation by attending meet ups:
- Latinx Student Success Meet Up
- Nontraditional Student Success Meet Up
- Social Media in Higher Education Meet Up.
Start Building Your 2020 Schedule
Take an in-depth look at over 50 sessions in the Higher Education track at SXSW EDU 2020 by signing in to the SXSW EDU Schedule. Star events to add them to your personal schedule. Register to attend by Friday, February 14 and save $55 off the walk-up rate.
Photos courtesy of speakers and mentors (t-b-l-r) Frederick V. Engram Jr., Jen Tutak, Michael J. Sorrell, Lisa Firmin, and Paul Tough.