Finalize your plans to attend SXSW EDU 2018 by purchasing your registration badge. Buy your badge by Friday, February 9 at 11:59pm CT to save $50 on the walk-up rate. Your badge purchase provides access to all four days of learning, professional development, networking opportunities, and more.
SXSW EDU cultivates and empowers a community of engaged stakeholders to advance teaching and learning. The four day Conference & Festival features compelling content for education professionals looking to connect and collaborate.
Your 2018 SXSW EDU registration purchase includes access to:
- Keynotes and featured speakers
- Sessions and workshops
- Summit programming
- Film screenings and Q&As
- Playground displays, talks and hands on sessions
- Startup competition, spotlight and events
- Policy Forum
- Learn by Design competition and events
- Mentorship program
- Bookstore and book signings
- Lounges, meet ups and mixers
- Networking and parties
- eduSocial network
A Quick Look at the Program
The SXSW EDU Conference & Festival features a dynamic program with something to offer anyone and everyone passionate about the future of teaching and learning. The daily lineup consist of more than 400 sessions and workshops with over 1,000speakers as well as performances, exhibitions and competition, film screenings, and networking events. Below are a few highlights. Visit the schedule to explore further and stay tuned as we continue to announce programming for March.
- Renowned author, researcher and media literacy expert, danah boyd, will deleiver the Wednesday keynote, What Hath We Wrought?. Dr. boyd will leverage her extensive research on media literacy to explore the timely issues surrounding fake news, media manipulation, media literacy, radicalized racism, and its resulting effect on society and our youth.
- Karen Cator (Digital Promise), José Luis Vilson (NYC Department of Education), Liz Dozie (Chicago Beyond) and more announced as featured speakers.
- SXSW EDU will hold competitions, March 5-8, to celebrate and honor trailblazers who are doing innovative and creative work.
- Various exhibitions will take place during SXSW EDU, each of which has been designed to encourage discovery and learning in a dynamic environment. Between the Learning Expo, Innovation Hub and the Playground more than 150 exhibitors will be on hand to share their innovative approaches, strategies and products.
Austin skyline photo by Cris DeWitt.